1. Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions.
2. The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse.
一个地方的人口越多，对其水。交通和垃圾处理的需求就会越大3. Long before children are able to speak or understand a language, they communicate through facial expressions and by making noises.
4. Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and rational are inclined to possess high levels of self-confidence.
5. Television, the most pervasive and persuasive of modern technologies, marked by rapid change and growth, is moving into a new era, an era of extraordinary sophistication and versatility, which promises to reshape our lives and our world.
6. Television is more than just an electronic appliance; it is a means of expression, as well as a vehicle for communication, and as such becomes a powerful tool for reaching other human beings.
7. I am always amazed when I heard people saying that sport creates goodwill between the nations, and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield.
8. One of the great early writers wrote that: Work is the grand cure of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind. If this is true, then the present situation should make us wonder whether the measure that the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50 is reasonable.
9. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them. Such is the remark made by Bernard Shaw, a great writer. This view has been shared now by more and more people.
10.Everything has two sides.任何事物都具有两面性.