1. With the (rapidly) growing popularity of Internet surfing ( computers /cars/mobile phones/pagers/.PDP television/... ) in China， the quality of our lives is improving for the better.
2. With the (rapid) growth of our economy ( heavy industries/transportation system/market economy/population/private enterprises/housing industry/... )， an increasing number of problems， such as (water shortages/traffic jams/industrial pollution/ waste of energy/desert spreading/... )， are beginning to surface.
3. As the proverb says... ( It goes without saying that... /Generally speaking，... /It is often said that... )
4. With the (rapid) development of science and technology ( market economy/electronic industry/information industry/higher education/...) an increasing number of people come to realize that (knowledge is power/a weak nation has no International prestige/education is of vital importance/...).
5. Currently， there is a widespread concern over drug abuse (high unemployment rate/wildlife extinction/environmental pollution/desertification/organized crime/widespread corruption/energy crisis/water shortages/traffic jams/increasing traffic accidents/... ).
6. It is quite clear that (Them is no doubt that/ Some people believe that)..， because...
7. There is a wide spread concern that many large state-owned companies are in deficit (quite a few Chinese cities face the problem of water shortages， industrial pollution and waste of energy/various kind of superstition flare up/... )
8. The government is (We are) seriously concerned with wildlife extinction (drug abuse/widespread corruption/organized crimes/high unemployment rate/...).
9. Many people often ask such question:...? ( More and more people have come to realize...)
10. In the past two decades ( In the past five years)， millions of private enterprises( private schools/supermarkets/fast food restaurants/... ) have mushroomed all over China.
11. In recent years， many Chinese families have owned cars (computers/mobile phones/video cameras/houses/... ).
12. Recently the issue of... has been brought to public attention. (Currently there is a widespread concern that... /Now people in growing number are coming to realize that... )
13. Nowadays， a heated debate (discussion) about the accession to WTO (private cars/stocks/brain-drain/Chinas football/... ) is under way in China.
14. As the market economy (the legal system/the living standard/the higher education system/the highway network/the infrastructure/...) improves in China，free competition will increasingly replace all sorts of monopolies.
15. One great man said that...
16. As the public awareness of the market economy (population control/socialism and communism/wildlife preservation/environmental protection/higher education/human rights/anti-monopoly/creativity/competition/laws and regulations/...) heightens， the gap between China and the developed countries will gradually vanish (many social problems will be solved gradually).
17. Recently，extensive studies (statistics/surveys/investigations/...) show (reveal/indicate/demonstrate/prove/...) that 07 Chinese cities and 23 small towns suffer water shortages.
18. These days we often tell that...， but is this really the case?
19. There are three major values of owning a car (a computer/an apartment/a mobile phone/a beeper/...). To begin with .... Next .... Last .... There are， on the other hand， more reasons against it. First (ly)... Second (ly) .... Finally .....
20. There are some reasons for owing a car ( traffic accidents/big fires in big cities/water shortages/destruction of virgin forests/... ).
21. In the past several years there has been...
22. Now an increasing number of people come to realize that time is money ( knowledge is power/science and technology energize economic growth/we must learn to live in harmony with wildlife/weak nation has no international prestige/cheating never pays/science and technology constitute the primary productive force/... ).
23. There are three basic differences between the large and small universities (cities and countryside/ceramics and plastics materials/... ). In the small university， you... In the large university， you...
24. There are various ways (at least three ways/possible techniques/problems/methods/approaches/... ) to do something.
25. Now it is commonly held that... but I doubt whether...
26. The policy ( The president/The major/The reform/The bidding for the 2008 Olympic Summer Games) enjoys grass-root support for three main reasons，
27. Smoking (alcoholic beverage/Drugs/Guns/Firecrackers/... ) should be banned from college campuses for two reasons. The first reason is that... The other reason is that... (on the one hand .... On the other hand .... )
28. There is a general discussion today about the issue of...
29. No pains， no gains. No money， no honey (friendship/work/promotion/admission/love/assistance/service/justice/... ). No
shirt ( shoes ) ， no admission.
30. We enjoy Internet surfing not because we are curious about new things， but because Internet represents the latest technology.
31. The possible solutions of the energy crisis (water shortages/desertification/pollution/theses social problems/... ) depends on....