1. It is fairly well-known that …, but it is probably less well known that ….
It is fairly well-known that education plays an important part in the development of our country, but it is probably less well known that education is also important to the growth of a person.
2. With the development of the society, there is an increasing demand for talented people to do work in all areas of the economy.
3. It is important/necessary for people to receive a good education （请在作文中多用“it is 形容词 for 某人 to do 某事”这个句型）.
4. Different people have different ideas about the nature of the problem/the solution to this problem.
5. As a matter of fact, it is just the other way round. 事实恰恰相反。
6. From the above analysis (discussion/data), we can see (conclude) that …
7. With the development of the society, … undergo corresponding change.
8. Therefore, in order to …, effective measures should be taken to …
9. While many people attach great importance to this problem/to this issue, no real effective actions have been taken to solve it.
10. The effective solution to this problem depends on the efforts made by both the government and the ordinary people. On the one hand, the government should make a proper policy concerning the problem; on the other hand, the ordinary people should …
11. The most important thing is that we should give enough attention to such phenomenon.
12. Ignoring this problem will simply make the situation worse.
13. The picture seems to convey the message/idea that …
14. Those who obtain the latest knowledge and information and are able to use them to solve practical problems will succeed.
15. Knowing the nature of the problem is important, but what is more important is to find effective measures to solve it.
16. Unless we take such measures, chances are that the situation will become worse.
17. Different people may interpret the meaning of the picture in different ways, but to me, it means that …
18. the reason why … is that …,
The reason why education is important is that it has great influence on the well-being of our country.
the implementation of the reform and open policy,
build China into a powerful country with advanced science and technology of the world,
educate the ordinary people about the importance of …,
the economic development of our country,
catch up with the advanced technological/economic level of the world,
keep the ecological balance of the environment,
let the world know more about China and the Chinese people,
family planning policy, one-family-one-child policy,
the growth of population,
increase understanding between different countries,
ensure the healthy development of,
raise the living standards of the people,
browse information on the Internet,
change people’s life and work in considerable ways, [FS:PAGE]
with the development of the society/economy/culture,
chat on/browse the Internet
1. The population decreased (increased) to 500 million (by10 percent) in (by) 1980.
2. The population increased (decreased) steadily (sharply/slowly /rapidly/slightly/considerably) from 1940 to 1960.
3. By 1960, the population of the country was twice as large as it was in 1900.
4. By 1960, the population almost doubled (tripled).
5. With the increase (rise/decrease) of the population, the rate (number) of … undergoes a corresponding increase (decline).
6. From the graph/table/figures, we can see …
7. The graph/table/figure illustrates the ups and downs (steady increase/decline) of the population in China from 1900 to 1960.