查英语 >英语学习 >阅读技巧 >美文赏析:摔倒的小女孩

美文赏析:摔倒的小女孩

更新时间:2024-03-29 16:52:12

  So most Sundays

  事情是这样的,几乎每个星期天

  I bang out a quick 5km run around my local park,

  我都会在家附近公园里小小的跑上5公里

  it resets my body clock

  这会让我的生物钟重归正轨

  after a weekend

  在之前的周末两天

  playing video games

  我都在玩电子游戏

  or writing until like 3am.

  或写作直至凌晨3点

  So

  这一天

  as I'm getting to the last half a kilometre ,

  我刚准备跑完这一公里的最后一小半跑道

  I see a figure in the distance.

  我远远的看到一个身影

  They have brightly coloured, pink footwear on,

  她一双脚上穿着颜色鲜艳的粉色溜冰鞋

  I'm only just sort of registering this

  我刚刚看清这双鞋

  in my exhausted state

  运动完有些疲乏

  when wham,

  突然,轰

  they hit the deck.

  她撞到木栏上

  Hard.

  撞得不轻

  To my surprise,让我惊讶的是

  they just get right back up again,他们却很快站了起来

  but again

  wham they hit the deck,

  only this time,

  不过这一次

  they don't get up.

  他们没有再站起来

  I pick up the pace a little,

  我稍稍加速

  jogging over to them

  跑向那人

  and asking if they're okay.

  像问问她是否需要帮助

  It's a girl,

  那是个小女孩

  maybe ten or eleven,

  约莫十岁或十一岁

  all on their own,

  一个人呆在那里

  taking off a pair of roller skates

  正设法脱掉自己的溜冰鞋

  with their face all red

  脸上红肿

  from what were obviously two painful falls

  原因明显是刚才那狠狠的两摔

  onto hard concrete.

  撞到坚硬的水泥地面上

  Yeah, I'm okay, thanks,

  嗯,我没事,谢谢

  she says.

  她说

  But she is not okay.

  但她并非没事

  There's tears forming in her little eyes

  她小小的眼睛里有泪水流出来

  as she takes off her rollerblades

  一边还在脱下自己的溜冰鞋

  and swaps them for training shoes

  换上一双训练鞋

  she's been carrying in her bag.

  她一直将那双鞋子放在背包里

  That was a really bad fall,

  那一跤摔得挺重的

  are you sure you're okay?

  你确定你没事吗

  Yeah,

  没事

  I just got scared

  我就是吓到了

  she replies.

  她答说

  Have you just started Roller Skating,

  你才刚刚开始学溜冰

  yeah?

  是不是?

  I ask,

  我问道

  it's obvious she has,

  答案显然是如此

  the skates are like brand new.

  那双溜冰鞋还是簇新的

  I only got them on Friday!

  我星期五的时候才得到这双鞋!

  she says,

  她说到

  a little smile appearing

  小小的脸上露出微笑

  as she remembers

  似乎想起

  how happy and excited she must have been to get them.

  自己刚刚得到这双鞋子的时候多么喜悦和兴奋

  Wow,

  哇

  that's awesome!

  真棒

  But, you know,

  但是,你知道

  I think it might be a bit too windy to practice,

  我觉得今天风有些大,不适合练习

  I used to skateboard

  我过去经常滑雪

  and it's amazing

  我惊讶的发现

  how a little bit of wind

  一点点微风

  can throw you off your balance!

  就会吹得你失去平衡

  Yeah, it is really windy,

  没错,今天真的风很大

  then that little tear forming in her eye

  她眼眶中又冒出小小的泪珠

  began to drip down her cheek.

  泪珠开始从她脸颊上滚落

  She was doing everything in her power

  她正竭尽所能

  not to cry in front of a stranger,

  不在一个陌生人面前哭泣

  she knew

  她知道

  she had to be strong.

  自己必须坚强

  Her little voice quivered ,

  她小小的声音颤抖着

  but not once did she break.

  但没有崩溃痛哭,一次也没有

  Are Mummy and Daddy around?

  你爸爸妈妈在附近吗

  I asked her,

  我问她

  looking around

  环顾四周

  to see if there were any parents nearby

  想看看附近有没有家长

  to call over.

  可以招呼过来

  No, my Mum is at home

  没有,我妈妈在家里

  Wow,

  哇

  so you came all the way here on your own

  这么说,你是自己一路走过来的

  because you're so excited to use your skates!?

  因为你迫不及待想要试一试你的溜冰鞋?

  Yep,

  没错

  again,

  再一次

  her smile sort of overrides the tears.

  她的微笑抑制住了眼泪

  She's proud of herself,

  她为自己感到骄傲

  and I am too.

  我亦如此

  Oh my,

  哦,我的老天

  you are the bravest little girl I have ever met!

  你是我遇到过的最勇敢的小女孩!

  Do you live close by,

  你住在附近吗

  I only ask because

  我只是想知道

  if you fall

  如果你摔倒

  and graze your elbow,

  擦破了膝盖

  it's just a short walk home isn't it

  是不是很快就能回家处理伤口

  I do,

  是的

  but my Mum said

  但是我妈妈告诉我

  not to tell people where I live

  不要告诉别人我住在哪里

  I laugh.

  我大笑起来

  She smiles again.

  她也在微笑

  Well, I continue,

  那么,我接着说到

  I'm going to carry on running.

  我要接着跑步了

  You look after yourself, okay?

  你好好照顾自己,好吗?

  And I really mean it,

  我说的话都是真心实意

  you are so brave

  你真的很勇敢

  learning to roller skate like that!

  像这样一个人学溜冰

  Thank you!

  谢谢!

  she says again,

  她又说

  she's stopped crying,

  她停止了哭泣

  she just looks so proud of herself.

  看起来为自己自豪极了

  You are so welcome!

  不用谢!

  it triggered something parental in me,

  这个小女孩似乎触动了我心中柔软的角落

  I just started crying.

  我泪眼婆娑

  People are absolutely amazing sometimes,

  有时候有些人真的令人赞叹

  and if or when I have kids,

  如果我也会有孩子,到了那时

  if they're half as brave and strong as that little girl,

  如果他们有这个小女孩一半勇敢,一半坚强

  I'll be a very, very proud father indeed.

  我会是一个非常,非常骄傲的父亲

  Keep it up,

  加油

  Roller Girl,

  学溜冰的小女孩

  you made me proud to be a human today.今天是

  你让我为自己生而为人感到骄傲