38 Western Street
Boston, MA 10084
1998-2000HARVARD UNIVERSITY GRADUATE SCHOOL
OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION BOSTON, MA
Candidate for Master in Business Administration degree, June 1999. Member of Management Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech and New Media, and Business of Sports Clubs.
1987-1991 MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY CAMBRIDGE, MA
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. GPA 3.9/4.0. Elected dormitory treasurer ($16,000 budget) and athletic chairman.
1999 CHAINSHINE CONSULTING GROUP NEW YORK, NY
Summer Intern, International Department
Worked with client teams serving major international paper and industrial products manufacturer.
· Analyzed product-costing process. Identified opportunities to improve accuracy of product costs by 5%.
· Researched and reformulated procurement strategy for primary raw material input with team members. Constructed model demonstrating potential revenue increase of $15million.
· Conducted client interviews and led focus groups as part of initial phase of re-engineering initiative.
· Participated in two-week training program composed of 15 summer interns.
1991-1998CUMMINS ENGINE COMPANY COLUMBUS, IN
1998 Technical Specialist, Automotive Customer Engineering Department
Pioneered and led the Market Segment Profile Project.
· Characterized various market segments within Automotive Business Unit and laid foundation for future work in other Cummins business units
· Interviewed external customers to better understand both their spoken and unspoken needs. Collected detailed duty cycle data from end-user applications throughout the U.S.
· Developed standard market segment profile format with input from internal customers. Presented findings to engineering, marketing, and sales organizations for developing "value-packages" that give Cummins a comparative advantage in the marketplace.
1995-1997 Senior Engineer, Concept Design Division LONDON, U.K.
Designed entire diesel engine architecture concepts for products beyond 2002.
· Led design of virtual engine using Pro/Engineer computer aided design and finite element analysis tools.
· Demonstrated use of industry-leading technologies to help meet future emissions standards and more stringe